you know, like in so many other MMOs: XP bonus while not online. except XP and teverns probably won’t fit thematically, soooo…
crafting station energy! don’t worry - it’s not a phone game energy anyway, mechanics:
- crafting, refining, repairing - whatever - requires energy
- consumption rate is much higher than generation
- energy is generated constantly for everyone, stored per player, may be boosted per player at the cost of any resource
- generation is also boosted when player is offline. lore reason: the frame isn’t used, so it’s connected to the power grid to boost the output.
- UI: maybe don’t put any empty bars or batteries anywhere. just a number with a huge plus somewhere, slowly getting reduced. so it doesn’t feel like the player is losing something.
result - traditional higher efficiency of short playsessions, dressed differently
could additionally have capacity and output upgrades for dedicated crafters.